Our biltong is handcrafted in small batches right here in the Czech Republic. We only use prime cuts of beef responsibly sourced from certified Czech farms. High-quality animal welfare produces the highest quality meat and without that we wouldn’t be able to make our biltong.
Five key steps to our process
We believe that simple is always better. Not only with our ingredients but also in process.
- At the heart of our Biltong is Czech beef. We hand slice the best cuts and prepare them for seasoning.
- We then season the strips in our time-tested blend of vinegar, pepper, coriander, and salt. This is the basic mix of herbs you need for every occasion in your home production too.
- The seasoned strips are then carefully placed and allowed to marinate, giving them an extraordinary depth of flavor, which brings out the true quality of the ingredients.
- HANG DRY! Air drying is what makes our biltong truly unique from other prepared meats – especially jerky. We never apply high heat or dehydrate the meat, keeping the beef’s nutritional integrity intact and avoiding the super chewy texture of jerky.
- Last, we hand slice each strip into thin pieces using the traditional South African method of cutting against the grain.
That’s it! We hope you will love the taste of our fantastic biltong!